Thread forming screw for metal and light metal connections
Designed for direct mounting into light metals and metals with minor tensile strength.
- Head shaped for easy assembly e.g. internal six-lobe recess head for an efficient transmission of torque
- rs-metric thread
- Especially designed for direct mounting into light metals and other metals
- High load transmission due to large minor diameter and two-step thread flank design
- Metric thread pitch secure hold in the component due to positive fit in self-formed thread
- Pentagon flats for smooth thread forming and centric positioning of the screw
- Designed for direct mounting into light metals and metals with minor tensile strength.
- No previous thread cutting required.
- Direct mounting without any metal thread inserts.
- Reduced overall weight of the component or subassembly.
- Lower overall cost of assembly using rs-metric screws.
- Thread forming without chips, no loss of material.
- Optimized load transmission due to large overlap between thread flanks and component.
- Enhanced load bearing of component material due to the flat thread angle.
- Secure hold of the betzer rs-metric screw due to positive fit in the component material.
- Low manual contact pressure required.
- Minimized penetration torque due to low material displacement.
- Large overlap of thread flanks for high overturning torques.
- Subsequent screw fastening up to 10 times possible.
- The mounted betzer rs-metric screw resists high stripping forces.